Beginning Hip Hop Dance Classes for Preschoolers Who Love to Move
Introducing preschoolers to basic hip hop movements, our hippity hop dance classes are fun and expressive. Combining cool moves in pop, rap, and R&B music, hippity hop is not extremely technical. At the preschool level, our hippity hop dance classes are inspired by hip hop but created for young dancers’ bodies and minds.
Throughout the classes, teachers focus on developing rhythm and confidence. Also, the music we choose is cool, funky, and age-appropriate. Our smallest students love this high-energy class.
What Our Beginning Hip Hop Dance Classes for Preschoolers Are Like
Typically, classes are 45 minutes and include:
- Full-body warm-up and stretching from the head to the toes
- Introduction to hip hop rhythm and musicality
- Body awareness exercises
- Simple choreography
In beginning hip hop classes for preschoolers, your child will have the chance to explore this popular dance style.
Dress Code for Beginning Hip Hop Dance Classes
When attending class, we expect students to be in the dress code – hair and shoes included. For beginning hip hop classes for preschoolers, we ask children to wear:
- Tights (for girls) –full-footed pink or skin-toned tights (must be worn over feet in shoes)
- Attire – girls wear a solid light pink leotard with black dance shorts or leggings; boys wear a black or white t-shirt with black jazz pants, black basketball shorts, or black sweatpants.
- Shoes – girls and boys wear black Bloch 401 jazz shoes.
- Hair – pulled off the face in a secured bun or full ponytail with hair elastics, bobby pins, and clips as needed.
- Dance belt – boys ages eight and older are recommended to wear a dance belt in all classes.
We understand that sometimes a dancer may be out of the dress code due to unplanned circumstances, and we encourage them to attend class anyway. However, dancers not in dress code will receive a reminder to take home. They aren’t in trouble if they receive a note! It’s just a way for teachers to communicate quickly and easily on dress code matters. Our dress code helps:
- Create uniformity
- Dancers mentally prepare for class
- Lets teachers give dance corrections
Every student – from beginning to advanced – receives the same level of attention and opportunity to excel. Enroll to become a part of the Velocity Dance family.